Home to Aspen Hill Arabians, Faerie Meadow Ponies, Brandybuck Draft Horses & Lonesome Valley Ranch.
Welcome to Zodiac Farms. I have been in pedigree research for about 12 years, and have my farms in 4 divisions. Zodiac Farms is Lonesome Valley Ranch, featuring light, sport, desert and stock breeds, and is also comprised of Aspen Hill Arabians which is strictly pure and part Arabians. I split my draft and ponies recently, so created two new divisions; Brandybuck Hollows Draft Horses and Faerie Meadows Pony Farms under which I have three separate farms; Faerie Glen Ponies which consist of light, draft and stock ponies(American and European Breeds), Faerie Dell which consist of British Ponies, and Faerie Vale Shetlands, which are strictly British Shetlands. I still have the DragonStar name, but only for my Shetlands older then 1990. I had the name since around 2000, but since someone else also had the name, I decided finally to split my ponies. I created all new names with DragonStar breeding stock, and only have the DS name for the older Shetlands, to create less confusion. It has helped me be more organized in the long run.
I never thought when I joined that I'd still be doing this 12 years later, but it is so fun and informative that I have never grown bored of it, and my models are all named and pedigreed. The camaraderie of the hobby especially in this part of it, definitely has something to do with it.
Many of my horses are retired, to request a full listing of older horses please email Zodiac Farms. Email is listed below.
1. If requesting a breeding, please send the following information on the foal:
make & mold(or state whether BSO)
and the parents requested, to zodiac _ farms @ yahoo.com(please take out spaces)
If you are using only one parent, please send pedigree information & name of owner or stable.
2. My models are aging, but are open to non-aging foals as well. Mares are only allowed one foal per year. Available years are listed after the mares name. Stallions must be at least THREE years older then foals and are open to unlimited amounts of foals.
3. Please watch color genetics. A chestnut x chestnut cross MUST create a chestnut foal. Please ask if you have any questions about color requirements or go to the IPABRA on the web at http://ipabra.org/.
4. All e-mail breedings are free.
5. All my ID's descend from real horses.
6. I do accept BSO(blood stock only or paper horses) breedings.
7. I have many older horses, just ask for an old sire/dam listing for the breed you're looking for.
8. I hope you find something you like!
Please note: This is a model horse web site. All the horses listed on these pages are models or paper horses(ID's). Any real horses mentioned are for pedigree research purposes only and are denoted with a (r) after the name. This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.